Please be sure to e-mail a completed copy of both the VFLC application (located below) & resume to: VerndaleFLC@gmail.com
The primary purpose of the Kids & Family Pastor is to introduce children to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them in serving Christ with their life. Partner with Parents to "train up children in the way they should go so that when they are old they will not depart from it!" - Proverbs 22:6.
Reports: Directly to the Lead Pastor.
This will start out as a full-time salaried position. Options available to work both with Verndale Family Life Church and Verndale Area Christian Academy (either daycare or Elementary Education)
- Responsible for all things kids from birth to 6th grade.
The oversight and leadership of the Children's ministries that include: Girls Ministry, Boys ministry, Nursery, Children's Church, Special Events and Presentations, as well as cooperation and communication with Verndale Area Christian Academy.
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and each age level. Potentially coordinate a bus ministry and community outreach for kids. Recruit, train, pray for, and involve children's ministry volunteers.
- Responsible for running background checks on all Children's Workers.
- Develop and effectively manage the ministry's budget.
- Maintain ministry's section on website.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
Other duties as required.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality. Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- Arrive early prior to the beginning of any scheduled event to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place.
- Attend worship services, prayer service, and special meetings.
- Stay current with children's ministry practices by reading, attending leadership conferences, etc.
- Group trip paperwork in order (parental permission slips, leave a list of students traveling at church, students accounted for)
- Preach and teach on occasion in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
- Engaging teacher, with a strong biblical background, who is in agreement with Fundamental Truths and Statement of Faith of our denomination.
- Recruit, train and disciple volunteer staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the children's ministry budget; also manage student fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- One who exhibits a personal & growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, & a healthy family life.
- Gifted and is called to children's ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism & outreach, both personally & at the ministry level.
- Love & respect for people. Ability to organize, coordinate.
- Sense of humor & positive attitude.
- Strong team player with the rest of the staff & congregation. Committed to the church's vision, leadership, & people.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated & creative.
Responsibility For All Staff To The Church:
- All staff will do to their best to uphold pastor's vision for church.
- All staff will be completely loyal to the church and lead pastor.
- Staff must be faithful to all church services & functions.
- Staff must be active in altar times for themselves & also for the people they have charge of.
- All staff will generally be involved in all church functions.
- Each staff member must always have the church at heart & always be an open advocate for the church, never smearing the name of the church or its leadership.
- Faithful, in their church attendance & giving.
- Faithful, to preach & teach the full Counsel of God’s Word.
- Must be faithful, as Gods role model.
- Must be faithful, to uphold holy standards.
- Willing to give extra of themselves if need be to advance the Kingdom of God
Remember: These guideline & job descriptions for staff are set by the pastor and they are not merely suggestions for anyone just to consider, but they are requirements to serve on staff at VFLC and any of its ministry extensions.